Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ignoring it won't make it go away.

I have this terrible problem.  Every time I say the word diet, I gain 5 lbs.  I was so frutstrated with myself this afternoon when I got home from work.  I was in the walk in closet changing my cloths.  I put on a pair of shorts that I could wear in the beginning of the summer and they were too tight.  Disgusted with myself I stepped on the scale and weighed in at a wopping 283.6 pounds.  I remember the day when I thought 160 was heavy.  I love to weigh that today.  I've tried weight watchers, nutri-system, slimfast.. nothing. I have such a terrible sweet tooth I can't control it.  Now that it's October there's candy everywhere.

As you can tell from some of my pics, I'm a rather well endowed woman.  So last month I went to see a surgeon about getting a breast reduction.  Of course the first thing she said is my breast would be smaller if I lost some weight.  "No really??" Actually not really, when I was at my smallest 125 (that didn't last long) I was still in a D cup.  Now I'm more around a size H.  Yea a H.  Anywhoo... after talking a while she said that she felt I could use a reduction and would feel immediate relief in my neck and shoulders.  It's no uncommon for my right shoulder and neck to be stiff.  I develop a stiff neck and can't move my head.  All of it related to my gargantuan breasts.  So  I had a mammogram, which came out fine.  Oh, they did determine my breast were full of fat. Imagine that!!  Soo... the report was given to the Dr and she wrote a letter of medical necessaty for procedure.  That's been about two weeks and I still haven't heard anything. 

Hopefully my surgery will be approved.  The Dr said she would probably remove about 800-1000 gm of  fat and tissue.  That's at least 2lbs per breast, that's 4lbs off of my chest.  I can't imagine being able to wear a bra that doesn't ride up or my breast not falling out of the bottom.  I'm not sure how long I should wait before I call either the dr's office or in the insurance company.  My biggest fear is they will deny my surgery because of my weight. 
All the more reason to try and take some of the extra poundage off.  I'm hoping by keeping this blog I'll make myself accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment