Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tomorrow's the big day.

I'm starting my Atkins diet tomorrow morning.  Today I weighed in at a whopping 279lbs.  Breakfast in the morning, an ham omlette.  Lunch will be a salad and chicken breast.  Dinner is Taco's carne asada for the family, I'll have mine without the tortilla shell and add a salad.  I have two snacks between breakfast and lunch.  I'm taking an Atkins chocolate shake with me and some celery and cheese.  My goal for this first phase is only 20 net carbs a day.  Tomorrow I'll figure out the rest of my meals for the week and ask my husband to help me fix my dinners.  Sometimes he like to have dinner started before I get home.  His favorite side dish in roasted potatoes and onions in tons of butter. 

Oh, I did get some great news last Friday.  My surgeons office called and by breast reduction was approved by the insurance company.  I'm scheduling surgery for Dec 1st.  I'll be off work for two weeks possibly three.  But since we're taking a trip to Kissimmee Florida for a soccer tournament I didn't want to press my luck with my staff and be off too much.  I have to have the surgery before the end of the year or I'll have to go through the whole pre-determination process again and then I'll have to pay co-insurance and deductibles.  As is stands now it doesn't look like I'll have to pay the surgeon or the hospital.  We'll see.

Any whoo..  I'm off to double check my menu for the tomorrow and gather my things up for work, it' going to be a busy day.  I'm the only one in the office until Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment